Skip to main content

Blustery hazy day

 The sand is still covering most of my bone hunting spots and it is a bit of a hazy dreary day. So I am just going to share some pics of a past find. I was living on the South Pacific island of Saipan for several years and I explored the jungles and spelunkers the caves looking for WWII relics. This is a Super Constellation B-29 that we found in the jungle. It had apparently hit the mountain and disintegrated. We found 3 of the radial engines. Everything else was buried under jungle vegetation.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gusty winds

  I woke up at 2:30 am and am thinking about what the beaches are going to look like today. Hoping that the waves and tides will bring in some fossils. The winds have been very gusty and the weather unusually cold during the past several months of my stay in Texas. This has really hampered my ability to get out and find goofossils.

Crab Boil!

 We had a bit of a party with red drum on the half shell and fresh caught blue crab. A little Whistle Pig and an Acid 50 ring cigar to top it off. Hadn’t had an evening with good friends like that in 10 yrs.

Ancient Human Remains.

 We find ancient human rains several times during a season of hunting. The sheriff is called and they stop by to pick them up. Them the remains are turned over to an authority who repatriate them to a local tribe.