Skip to main content

Exploring the E Texas Gulf Coast



 On the first day of my blog I am camping in the small Texas town of High Island. I have been here for approx 2 weeks enjoying the moderate weather and exploring the Crystal Beach area. So far I have had only a little success in finding the paleo fossils that this area is known for.

My fishing success has been much better and I am catching a couple of large redfish. 

My plans are to remain here until the first week in March and then start moving north in the hopes of getting my kayak in the water and trying my luck amd finding more paleo bones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gusty winds

  I woke up at 2:30 am and am thinking about what the beaches are going to look like today. Hoping that the waves and tides will bring in some fossils. The winds have been very gusty and the weather unusually cold during the past several months of my stay in Texas. This has really hampered my ability to get out and find goofossils.

Crab Boil!

 We had a bit of a party with red drum on the half shell and fresh caught blue crab. A little Whistle Pig and an Acid 50 ring cigar to top it off. Hadn’t had an evening with good friends like that in 10 yrs.

Ancient Human Remains.

 We find ancient human rains several times during a season of hunting. The sheriff is called and they stop by to pick them up. Them the remains are turned over to an authority who repatriate them to a local tribe.